See details below.
- Bonneville all versions 2001-2016a
- Thruxton 900 all versions 2004-2016a
- Scrambler 900 all versions 2006-2016a
- America all versions 2001-2017
- Speedmaster 900 all versions 2003-2017
- Bonneville T100 all versions 2017+
- Bonneville T120 all versions 2016+
- Street Twin 2016-2022
- Speed Twin 900 (2022+)
- Street Cup 2017-2019
- Street Scrambler 2017-2022
- Scrambler 900 (2022+)
- Thruxton 1200/R (2016-2021)
- Thruxton RS (2019+)
- Scrambler 1200 all versions 2019+
- Speed Twin 1200 all versions 2019+
- Bobber all versions 2017+b
- Bobber Black 2018-2021b
- Speedmaster 1200 all versions 2018+b
a - on these bikes you need to remove the airbox, see our kit MTEABE for a complete modification.
b - on these bikes, fitting these filters requires the removal of the airbox, therefore the side panels cannot be refitted and finding a new method to attach them is required.
In addition to their great look, they allow a much more direct air intake, thus an increase in performance for the engine (slightly larger jets are recommended on carburettor bikes). And better sound!
Opening diameter 52/54mm to fit directly on the bodies of carburetors and injectors.
Filter length (without rubber ring) 100 mm
Base diameter 90 mm
End diameter 50 mm
As such, these filters are easy to fit and attach directly to the entrance of the carburetor or throttle body. However, these changes require modification / deletion of the original air box, which also houses some electrical components that need to be repositioned - see our kit MTEABE for removal of the air box.
The original side panels can be re-used with no modifications.
Benefits of high-flow filters
Most filters on the market are designed to be disposable: the filter element is made of strong paper and so cannot be cleaned without damage. DNA design their filters differently: the filter material is a cotton felt, reinforced to give it a rigidity. This material costs more, but it provides durability.
Compared to your bike's original filter:
- Better filtration index
- Less impact on the airflow ("high flow" filter)
- Provides a better engine sound
A good filter should last the life of the bike. Strict quality controls, materials of the highest quality, mean that DNA filters are granted a Lifetime Warranty!
They need, however, to be maintained regularly: Once a year or every 15.000 to 30.000 km, depending on riding conditions.
- Make sure the engine cools down before cleaning
- Take the air filter out of the airbox, taking care to make sure that no dirt or debris falls into the intake
- Spray the filter with cleaning solution on both sides and wait 5-10 minutes
- Rinse under running water to remove all dirt and dust
- Let the filter dry completely (up to several hours depending on conditions)
- Apply fresh filter oil generously and let the filter rest for 20 minutes
- Replace the filter in the airbox
There are no reviews written yet about this product..