Fork Damper Kit for Triumph Twins
- Triumph Bonneville, all versions 2001-2016 (790/865cc)
- Triumph Thruxton, all versions 2004-2016 (865cc)
- Triumph Scrambler, all versions 2006-2016 (865cc)
- Triumph America and Speedmaster, 2001-2016 all versions (790/865cc)
- Triumph Street Twin, Street Cup and Street Scrambler (2016+, 900cc)*
- Triumph Bonneville T100 (2016+, 900cc)
- Triumph Bobber (2017+, 1200cc)
* not suitable for 2018+ versions (VIN 914447+).
Not suitable for Bonneville T120, Thruxton 1200/1200R, Bobber Black nor Speedmaster 1200.
The original fork Triumph offers minimal damping: the damping piston (index 8 on the attached diagram) is far too weak, in order to favour the "comfortable" nature of the bike. As a result, the front of the motorcycle is too flexible, which is fine for a "lazy" ride, but leaves much to be desired in terms of behavior (crash under braking, mellowing on irregular surfaces, imprecise curve behavior etc).
This kit adds restrictors within the damping pistons (at the bottom of the lower fork tubes), and valves above these pistons (junction with the spring). Damping becomes much more effective, giving a more precise behavior:
- less crashing under the small braking
- more rigorous riding on uneven surfaces
- cornering precision
High-precision parts in solid alloy, machined then hand-finished and anodized for longevity.
High-quality rubber seals.
* Important for Twins 900/1200 from 2016+: you need to order the optional tool to disassemble the damping tube from the fork bottom. See instructions for details. This tool is not required for 790/865cc Twins from 2001-2016.
Ideal complementary product : progressive fork springs.
12 month warranty